• Traders selling substandard electrical products will soon be sanctioned
• The Ghana Standards Authority will hit the market to apprehend culpable persons
• In 2018, about 96% of electrical products sold on the Ghanaian market were below standards
The Ghana Standards Authority has revealed plans to sanction and apprehend traders who were found culpable for selling substandard electrical products on the market.
• Majority of the nominees for MMDA positions have been confirmed
• There has been drama in a few assemblies
• The dramas have happened all across the country
The nominations and confirmations of Metropolitan, Municipal, District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) across the country have not been without any drama.
General Manager of Great Olympics, Oluboi Commodore has disclosed his outfit are set to report Hearts of Oak, to the Player Status Committee over the transfer fiasco between the rainbow boys and Gladson Awako.
• The CAGD have suspended the no Ghana Card, no salary policy
• This comes after the Employment Minister held a meeting with CAGD
• CAGC has been directed to enter names of public sector workers into the existing database
The new directive by the Controller and Accountant General's Department (CAGD) ordering all public sector workers to obtain a Ghana card or forfeit their salaries have been suspended.
• Wontumi labels Ekwow Spio-Garbrah a thief• NPP Ashanti regional chairman sued for defamation • Spio-Garbrah seeks 10 million dollars as compensation
A leading member of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, has filed a lawsuit against the Ashanti regional chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Bernard Antwi Boasiako popularly known as Chairman Wontumi.
• The Komenda Sugar has been non-functional for years
• The factory was found to have not completed a test run before commissioning
• Its also been discovered that the factory was overvalued to the tune of some US$12 million
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has hinted he expects the Komenda Sugar Factory to commence commercial production in the first quarter of 2022.
• Nelson Dafeamekpor says some law students have been admitted without writing the entrance exams
• He adds that the Council has refused to address the issue of mass failure into the law school
•He, however, called for an investigation into the matter
Member of Parliament for South Dayi, Rockson Nelson-Dafeamekpor has alleged that some individuals admitted into the Ghana School of Law did not partake in the entrance examination.
• An Audit Report by the Trade and Industry Ministry says no sugar was produced by the Komenda sugar factory
• John Mahama had indicated that he was not 'foolish' to set up Komenda sugar factory without plans for raw materials
• The Komenda sugar factory was recommissioned in 2016
A Technical Audit report issued by the Ministry of Trade and Industry has revealed a number of circumstances that led to the non-functionality of the Komenda Sugar factory.
• Black Stars coach, Milovan Rajevac said Richard ‘Olele’ Kingston scouted Ghana's new goalkeeper• Jojo Wollacott debuted for the Black Stars against Zimbabwe• Wollacott plays for English 4th tier side Swindon Town
Black Stars head coach, Milovan Rajevac, has hailed goalkeeper’s trainer, Richard ‘Olele’ Kingston, for scouting new goalkeeper Jojo Wollacott.