We all do mistakes in relationships. And when we think we don’t, we actually do them even more frequently. But why do people resemble Looney Tunes characters that keep bumping into that wall again and again?
Maybe we all are some kinds of masochists that like being in pain? I don’t know. Even if the things we do are subconscious, it’s about time to wake up and work on those problems. So, without further ado, here are mistakes people make in relationships from vava dating:
- So predictable, it hurts! STOP IT! Women, are you sick or what?! Getting too comfortable around a man was never a good thing. It’s amazing that you’ve learn to accept each other’s dirty laundry on the floor and boring evening talks about your bosses being jerks. When a woman gets used to a man, she thinks – “Meh, I’ll dye my roots in a week, it’s bearable”. When a man gets used to a woman, he thinks – “Meh, this one is a broken record. Should have tried someone new before she got too close”. Sure, this is quite exaggerated, but you’ll get the sense. Stop being boring and everyday-casual about everything.
- Do I microwave her later? Relationship mistakes include not having plans for future together. Although, it seems far-fetched and nobody is talking about the wedding, but both of you should have a more or less clear vision about your relationships. It’s very shallow and low-maintenance to hang out together and sometimes have sex. Relationship is a complex subject that requires at least minimal effort.
- Till The Death Do Us Part. When people are at a young age, they can’t even imagine how is it possible to do stuff separately. They like to do everything together - cooking, walking, sleeping, studying, talking, breathing – everything that requires being in a constant emotional bond. This unhealthy attachment leads to the statement number 1 when both of you will initially get sick of each other. Chill, give both of you some alone time.
- Degrading is curable. Have you ever noticed how some of your friends abandon their hobbies for the sake of the relationship? It’s good when we dedicate ourselves to another person, but enough is enough. The best way to encourage each other is to dare your partner or compete in doing amazing stuff together like going to the gym or just reading a book.
- Parents are a fifth wheel. Which is false, of course. One of the most contradicting communication mistake in relationships involves wanting to be close to a beloved person, but completely rejecting his or her relatives. Come on, you can be nice. You can at least pretend to be nice, because it will be a nice move. Having nice relationships with your lover’s parents in crucial, especially when things between you two get serious.
- Why you always lying? One of the worst relationship mistakes is not telling the truth to your partner. No matter what he or she asks, about weight or who are you going out tonight after work, it’s always better to keep it real. Don’t raise your trust issues because dating is all about trust.
- Keeping things private. When we want to ensure the safety of our better half, we try to mask some emotions like anger, intimidation, trepidation and even hide personal problems. Again, not only communication mistakes in relationships ruin our well-being, they are also both damaging and creating a feeling of mistrust.
- Lack of comfort. When you don’t care about the space you share, it will never be a good idea to start a relationship. Two adults should keep up with their requirements and definitely should work on things mutually.
- Ranting is exhausting. Sure, sharing your emotions is crucial, but if you overshare them in a rather expressive manner, then how is your partner expected to react? I advise you to minimize the amount of unnecessary trauma you cause for two on an everyday basis.
- Being subtle about your feelings. And this mostly concerns men, the toughest guys out there. Women are not prophets, too. They are not capable of guessing your appreciation when you are silent. A warm hug and nice words are simply essential.