The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors on Sunday said the Federal Government had yet to reach out to it for possible meeting over the two-week ultimatum the union declared following the failure of the government to implement the new hazard allowance rate proposed in December 2021.
The association, however, expressed the hope that the government will do the needful to avert strike action.
The National Salaries, Wages and Income Commission, in a circular dated December 21, 2021, announced the approval of the new hazard allowance rate.
The implementation of the new rate, has, however yet to begin.
The NARD had last week during a National Executive Council meeting held in Nasarawa State, called on the government to implement the new hazard allowance rate or face strike. The union gave a two-week ultimatum.
Speaking with our correspondent in an interview in Abuja, the National Publicity Secretary, NARD, Dr Alfa Yusuf, noted that the government has yet to reach out to the union.
Yusuf said, “The government has not called us for any official meeting yet as regards to that. The association is trying its best to see how the government will address the concern and demands of the association, strike is not what everybody wants especially in the health care sector but then, looking at the way the country is, sometimes it just makes you use your last resort to ask for what is your right that naturally should come without you even asking.
Source: punchng.comRead Full Story