Moroccan champions, Wydad Athletic Club, have been boosted by the return of their players from national assignment with the Atlas Lions ahead of their game against Accra Hearts of Oak in the CAF Champions League.
Government nominee for the position of a Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for New Juaben North municipality of the Eastern region, Madam Comfort Asante has finally been approved by Assembly members on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
The Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Marketers Association says the price of LPG will go up from Monday, October 18, 2021 irrespective of the removal of the Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies (PSRL) for the next two months.
• Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby is one of the 18 individuals against the anti-LGBTQ+
• He has stated that human rights are not the same as articles of faith
• Some 8 MPs are advocating for LGBTQ+ activities to be criminalised
Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby, one of the eighteen renowned legal, academic and civil society professionals who have filled a memorandum challenging the anti-gay legislation submitted to Parliament, has indicated that, "human rights are not articles
•The EC chairperson has said the 2020 election was a historic
•She said it was transparent, credible and peaceful
•aside these, she said the elections saved the country $90 million
The Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC), Jean Mensa, has said the commission saved the country $90 million in the conduct of the 2020 Election by cutting down the cost per person.
Labour unions in Ghana say they were not consulted in the decision by the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD) to stop the salary payment of government workers if they do not possess a Ghana card by December 1.
• Many pro-LGBTQ campaigners want the anti-gay bill in parliament squashed
• Sam Nartey George is leading the bill in parliament
• The MP wishes to know what exact rights the promoters are pushing for
The Member of Parliament for Ningo-Prampram, Sam Nartey George, has questioned the rationale for persons who are pro-LGBTQ+ to continue to advocate for rights when they cannot even specify which rights they are.
The Leadership of Traders Advocacy Group Ghana (TAGG), has paid a courtesy call on the Director-General of the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA), Professor Alexander Dodoo, to discuss issues bothering them on conformity standards.
• Gabby proposes some COVID-19 restrictions be eased • He sees a possibility but cautions against a breach of the protocols • Beaches, land borders remain closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Since Ghana recorded its first case of coronavirus, land borders were closed and to date, the situation remains the same.
Welcome to Thursday in October here on GhanaWeb TV as we bring you carefully selected content that is expected to entertain you, keep you informed and offer you education on relevant topics and subjects.