This follows renewed clashes between the Konkombas and Chokosis in the Chereponi District of the North East Region over the weekend.
Mr Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah, the Information Minister, addressing journalists at a media encounter in Accra on Sunday, said security personnel have been deployed to the area to prevent the further escalation of violence.
He said after peace and order has been restored to the area efforts would be made to understand the underlining factors and resolve it once and for all.
The Minister said when people resort to violence in resolving their differences the law of the country must take its course.
He said government would study the report presented by the Committee, which was tasked to investigate the root cause of violence in Chereponi and implement its recommendations to ensure sustained peace and harmony in the area.
So far, two people have been reported dead, while seven houses have been burnt down with some residents fleeing the area.
Last year, a fight erupted between the Chokosis and Konkombas over a piece of land in the Chereponi District resulting in some casualties. Read Full Story