Currently, 400 schools have been earmarked for the double-track system, which has seen some newly admitted students begin schooling ahead of others.
The system is an offshoot of the Free Senior High School policy introduced in September 2017.
The system was in response to anticipated congestion in certain schools.
There have, however, been growing reports that the system has been scrapped.
But in a statement on Monday, the Ministry of Education says the reports are “untrue”.
It said so far no school on the system has had it withdrawn due to infrastructure challenges.
“Government did earmark 400 schools for the double track system on the basis that enrollment in those schools was expected to be high, leading to congestion challenges.
“Government’s position has always been that the double track system is in response to anticipated congestion in certain schools.
“However, in the event that the enrollment figures for a school earmarked as a double track school subsequently fall below the expected threshold, then the school will be taken off the double track system as it will no longer have congestion challenges.”
The statement signed by Ekow Vincent Assifuah, the Head of the Public Relations Unit of the Ministry, indicated that government is monitoring the situation and “will decide accordingly on a school-by-school basis as the situation evolves”.
Read Full Story