Sports betting is the activity of predicting sports results and placing money on the outcome. These bets are normally small sums of money and can be made with either bookmakers or online sports betting sites. Online sports betting in Ghana is any type of sports prediction done on the internet in Ghana. In most cases, transactions are carried out through a third party which could be your bank.
With the rapid expansion of the sports betting industry, many scammers have created fake online websites that look like popular and reputable online betting sites. It is, therefore, necessary to avoid getting scammed by these fake online betting sites. Some may look exactly like the online betting company you intend to register with, but you will be able to tell the fake from the genuine one after reading this article.
How to avoid being scammed through online sports betting in Ghana and ensure absolute security when you win big money!
As a case study, I will use MSport Ghana’s online sports betting website in this article. This online betting website has a lot of promotions to make betting exciting for Ghanaian bettors but, several fake websites have emerged using their name. There are plenty of examples of phishing websites that have tried to scam their customers by pretending to be them.
Read on to know the things to look out for before filling in your details on online sports betting website.
- Ensure that the online sports betting website is licensed, authorized, and regulated.
- Crosscheck the URL multiple times to be sure you are on the real betting website.
- Make sure you read the guidelines of the betting site carefully and attentively.
- Look out for the payment methods on the site and check to know if they offer different payment methods.
- Check online for reviews from real people with real names, the games they played, and their identities.
- You can find out if they have a customer service line and call to ask questions.
Now that you know what sports betting is and how it works, I will teach you how to recognize and avoid these fake online betting websites.
- Ensure that the online sports betting websites are licensed, authorized, and regulated: The first thing to do before settling for a particular sports betting site is to do an online survey. In Ghana, you should be sure that The Gaming Commission of Ghana has licensed and authorized such sports betting websites before you fill in your personal information. MSport is certified by the Gaming Commission of Ghana. That should assure that you are in safe hands.
- Crosscheck the URL multiple times to ensure you are on the real betting website: After the online survey, check the Uniform Resource Location properly before clicking on it. For MSport, the right URL is msport.com. Check the alphabet and spelling properly before clicking on the link. Also, look out for the padlock symbol beside the URL. This signifies that the site is encrypted and secured.
- Make sure you read the guidelines of the betting site carefully and attentively: It is crucial to read the terms and conditions of online sports betting website before staking. However, you shouldn’t register with such a website if the terms and conditions do not appear to be detailed. For example, on MSport, the terms and conditions include the betting procedure, complaint, dispute, governing laws, comment rules, etc. It prepares you for the trip you are about to embark on with MSport.
- Look out for the payment methods on the site and check to know if they offer different payment methods: the beauty of any online sports betting website is the presence of varieties of payment methods. The more accepted payment options, the better. For MSport, there are varieties of payment options. You could pay through your bank card (ATM Card), Bank Account, Bank Transfer, and Quick Teller. A sports betting website that offers you diverse ways of making payments is worth giving a try. To enjoy these payment varieties, Log on to msport.com open an account, fund your account, explore the different promotions and games on the user-friendly website and place your bet.
- Check online for reviews from real people with real names, the games they played, and their identities: Reviews from real people can give you a clear view of what you are about to get into. However, it is important to make sure that these reviews are from real people with real names, not Alias or initials. You can also check out the games they played, if they won and if they were paid.
- You can find out if they have a customer service line and call to ask questions: Check the online sports betting website for the contact(s) of the customer service, and call them to ask questions to clear your doubts and confusion. Make sure that the customer service agents are professional and knowledgeable. MSport offers 24/7 customer service in Ghana. The customer service agents are professional and very helpful.
However, In Ghana, there is an age limit to betting. According to The Gaming Commission of Ghana, you are not eligible to bet on any sports betting website if you are less than 18.
MSport offers strictly perfect legitimate and legal online sports betting with a seamless user interface that allows you to bet smoothly. With the legitimate MSport platform, you can feel free to place bets on the EPL (English Premier League) and others including upcoming big matches in the months of September and October like Liverpool vs. Brighton, Manchester City vs. Manchester United, Arsenal vs. Liverpool, Manchester United vs. Newcastle, and Chelsea vs. Manchester United, as well as big matches in other major European Leagues like the Bundesliga including Koln vs Borussia Dortmund (BVB), Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund vs Stuttgart.Read Full Story