But say, you have been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you most probably how Sebastian, a Ghanaian student in Amsterdam, made headlines after he was given 5 awards at a recent graduation of the University of Amsterdam. The story of the “historical feat” went viral and was published by several media ...
A Quality Assurance officer at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Solomon Quarshie, has been hit by a stray bullet. The incident happened around 4:00pm on Monday evening. He was taken to the hospital’s accident centre where he’s receiving treatment. In an interview with Citi News, the laboratory manager, David Anaful, said doctors were operating on him, ...
A Quality Assurance officer at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Solomon Quarshie, has been hit by a stray bullet. The incident happened around 4:00pm on Monday evening. He was taken to the hospital’s accident centre where he’s receiving treatment. In an interview with Citi News, the laboratory manager, David Anaful, said doctors were operating on him, ...
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) government only budgeted for 85 percent of the Basic Education Certificate Education graduates in for its free secondary education policy, according to the Minority in Parliament. The Minority, which has been accusing the NPP of being hypocritical in its implementation of the Free SHS policy, noted that this was at ...
The central bank has given commercial banks in the country up to the end of next year – December 2018, to meet the new minimum capital requirement. The central bank has announced that in accordance with section 28 (1) of the Banks and Specialized Deposit Taking Institutions Act 2016 Act (930) it has revised upwards ...
Some conspiracy theorists think Erdogan himself was behind the coup – indeed, that is Gulen’s contention. Yet the reality is more straightforward: he has seized an unexpected opportunity Turkey has remained in a state of emergency since the failed coup Murad Sezer/Reuters If President Erdogan is to be believed, last year’s failed coup in Turkey was an attempt ...
The Millennium Development Authority (MiDA) has told Citi Business News it will hold a second meeting with the six concessionaires bidding for the takeover of the Electricity Company of Ghana(ECG). The conference is expected to come off from October 2nd to 6th. Speaking to Citi Business News, the Reform Unit Manager at the MiDA, Mike Awuah explained ...
First-year students of the various Senior High Schools (SHSs) across the country have reported to their premises to complete their registration process. However, the process has been fraught with a few challenges resulting in students and parents left standing in long queues for extended periods of time. With the students supposed to report back in a couple of ...
A Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA), Akilu Sayibu, is on a vigorous public sensitization on the one district, one exportable product project in the Northern Region where Shea nut is a major export commodity. He has been interacting with various youth groups, market women and smallholder farmer groups explaining ...
Some parents in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis of the Western Region have hailed the implementation of the Free SHS policy which took effect on September 11, 2017 by the NPP government describing it as “a huge relief for parents”. Parents who spoke to Citi News after going through the admission processes without paying admission and ...
The National Youth Authority (NYA) will be meeting over 120 Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) across the country on September 20, 2017, to discuss the rate of unemployment and how to address it. The one-day workshop which will be addressed by the Chief of Staff, will look at how the government and the private sector can effectively tackle ...
Musician and apologist of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Berlinda Nana Ekua Amoah, aka Mzbel has lauded President Akufo Addo for fulfilling his Free Senior High School campaign promise. The artiste who had riled the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and its policies prior to the 2016 elections, took to her Facebook page to share ...
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) government should be apologizing to Ghanaians for its inability to fully implement the free secondary education policy as promised over the years, the Minority in Parliament has stated. The Minority, at a press conference on Monday, said: “if the NPP had any modicum of respect for the good people of ...
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) government should be apologizing to Ghanaians for its inability to fully implement the free secondary education policy as promised over the years, the Minority in Parliament has stated. The Minority, at a press conference on Monday, said: “if the NPP had any modicum of respect for the good people of ...
The Member of Parliament for Adaklu, Kwame Agbodza, has called on the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ), to halt the further destruction of Ghana’s old Parliament building. According to him, Parliament has not been duly informed over the damage being caused to the building. Four years after fire destroyed portions of the ...
Four years after fire destroyed portions of the Old Parliament House, opposite the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum in Accra, portions of the building have been demolished to pave way for the construction of a new one. When citifmonline.com visited the site on Monday, the structure had been flattened, awaiting clearance of the debris. Some scrap dealers ...
Harrieta Jane Akweley Quaye, the judge presiding over the fraud case involving the National Organizer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Kofi Adams, has recused herself. According to the judge, her decision was based on the defense lawyers accusing her of conferring with the prosecution without their knowledge. Kofi Adams is in court after he ...
The Ministry of Education has told anxious parents worried over the absence of their wards from placement lists, to expect more updates to the lists of first-year students posted at the various secondary schools across the country. The Ministry of Education indicated that, an update was done around 10:00am today [Monday]. Speaking to Citi News, Nana ...
The Commissioner of CHRAJ, Joseph Whittal has defended the Commission’s decision pull down the Old Parliament House. According to him, the decision, although was without the permission of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly, was taken to protect the health of the workers of CHRAJ. The Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) was accused of ...
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube
LinkedIn
RSS