• Sam George twice this week tackled Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko
• The two issues were related to the anti-LGBTQ+ Bill before Parliament
• Parliament started public hearings on the Bill this week
In the space of a week, Ningo Prampram Member of Parliament, Sam Nartey George, has had reason to respond to Gabby Asare Okyere Darko, a leading member of the New Patriotic Party, NPP.
Managing Editor of the Daily Dispatch Ben Ephson has cast dark shadows on suggestions to get Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, the wife of the late Founder of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), rejoining the party.
• Agyenim Boateng hits brace in Dreams FC's win over Accra Lions
• Dreams FC moves to third place on the table after beating Accra Lions
• Accra Lions records second straight defeat
Agyenim Boateng scored twice with Husaif Ali adding another to propel Dreams FC to a 3-1 win over Accra Lions at the Theater of Dreams in Dawu.
• John Dramani Mahama visits victims of tidal waves in Keta
• Mr Mahama presents truckload of relief items to victims
• Areas of Volta Region hit by tidal wave with over 3,000 residents displaced
Former President John Dramani Mahama has gone to the aid of some residents in the Volta Region who have been displaced by a recent tidal wave.
• Hundreds of residents were cut off after tidal waves swept through their communities
•MPs have been divided on the decision for a defence wall
•Calls have been made for the construction of a sea defence wall along the coast of the Volta region
Member of the NDC legal team, Godwin Edudzi Tamakloe, has said it is disappointing for the Majority Caucus in Parliament to blame the recent tidal wave incident on sand-wining activities.
• Communities along the coasts of the Volta region have been affected by tidal waves
• NADMO has been sending relief items to affected persons although it is not enough
• President Akufo-Addo is currently out of the country
The president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, is yet to publicly comment on the effects of the tidal waves on a number of communities in parts of the southern coastal towns of the Volta region.
An academic and a member of the group of 18 professionals who submitted a memo to reject the anti-gay bill that is currently before Parliament, Prof Emerita Takyiwaa Manuh, has said the bill is against the 1992 constitution.
• JJ Rawlings died on November 12, 2020
• Family, sympathisers gathered to memorialise the former president • John Mahama was also present at the ceremony
As part of the one-year celebration of the late former president, Jerry John Rawlings, his family, sympathisers, and well-wishers gathered to mark his one-year anniversary since his demise.