The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) in Ho and the Ghana Society of Radiographers are calling on government to facilitate the establishment of the Ghana College of Allied Health Professionals by amending the Specialist Health Training and Plant Medicine Research Act, 2011( Act 833).
A former worker of the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA), Stephen Ashitey Adjei, has called on President Akufo-Addo to step in and scuttle moves by some people within the government to sell a gas terminal off the GPHA to themselves.
Labour and industrial relations expert Mohammed Affum, has called on the government to swiftly resolve the impasse between the University Teachers’ Association of Ghana(UTAG) and the National Labour Commission (NLC) by slashing the salaries of Article 71 officeholders in order to send them back to the classroom.
• Cecilia Dapaah says she is not on social media
• She has asked the general public to ignore persons using her name to solicit monies
• She has sent a strong warning to the perpetrators too
The Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources, Cecilia Dapaah, has raised alarm about a syndicate operating online and using her name to solicit monies.
• GUTA members in the Ashanti Region have called on government to backtrack on its decision to remove 50% benchmark value
• They say it will bring untold hardships on Ghanaians
• Government announced in 2019 that it would remove the benchmark value reduction
The Ashanti Region branch of the Ghana Union of Traders Association has added its voice to the calls on the government to not remove the 50% benchmark value reduction as part of its plans to increase revenue.
• Kwaku Agyeman-Manu has written to Sheikh Al Maktoum to refund the amount government deposited in his account • Al Maktoum is said to have terminated the Sputnik V vaccines contract • Already, there is pressure on the minister to resign for breaching procurement protocols
Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu has requested a refund from the middleman who was tasked to help the government secure some Sputnik V vaccines.
• Some NPP youth are accusing their Eastern region chairman of working to bring division in the party
• Kiston Akomeng Kissi has planned a solo "Thanksgiving Tour" in the region
• The unnamed youth say he wants to use this to cover up blame for some monies spent
The Eastern Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party, Kiston Akomeng Kissi, is being accused of working solo in an attempt to bring division and rancour to the rank and file of the party.
The Technical Universities’ Senior Administrators Association of Ghana (TUSAAG), led by its President, Edem Honu, has met with the Director-General of the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC), Prof.
The Coordinator for Zongo and Inner-Cities Development Secretariat (ZICDS) has assured all stakeholders of the defunct Ministry of Inner-Cities and Zongo Development(MICZD) that the mandate of the now secretariat remains the same as the Ministry.
• Hundreds have been scammed in a job seeking scandal
• The Ministry of Labour says it had tried warning people about it
• A similar scam happened in 2004
Hundreds of desperate job seekers have fallen victim to an ongoing recruitment scam into government institutions, the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations has stated.
• The youth in Effiduase have stopped drivers using heavy-duty vehicles from using a newly constructed road
• They say the drivers have been destroying the asphalt road which is less than two weeks old
• They spoke to Sekyere East TV
The youth of Effiduase-Asokore have taken to the streets to block the activities of drivers using heavy-duty vehicles from plying a newly-asphalted road in the constituency.