Ken Ofori-Atta, the Finance Minister has touted the achievements of the Nana Addo-led administration in the road sector saying the government is still committed to ensuring that the declaration of 2021 is the second year of roads is successful.
• A Ho court has granted bail to the Leader of the Western Togoland separatist group
• He is to deposit GH¢16,000 as bail
• The case will be recalled on August 10, 2021
The 88-year-old leader of the pro-separatist Western Togoland, Papavi Hogbedetor, has been granted a GH¢16,000 bail by a Ho Circuit Court.
Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu has cautioned Assin North Member of Parliament (MP), James Gyakye Quayson from attending to the House pending an appeal by the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) on behalf of the Parliamentarian.
• The Finance Minister says the Ghana Cedi has performed appreciably amidst the Coronavirus
• He explained that the Ghana Cedi has even performed well against major currencies like the USD
• He made this known in Parliament while presenting the Mid-Year Budget Review for 2021
The Ghana Cedi has remained relatively stable against major trading currencies across the world this year, the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, has stated.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has named the Majority Chief Whip and Member of Parliament (MP) for Nsawma-Adoagyiri Constituency in the Eastern Region, Frank Annoh- Dompreh to serve on the board of Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) to steer the affairs of the power distribution company.
Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta has emphasized in the reading of the mid-year budget in parliament that the government is managing the finances of the country with discipline and competence to save the taxpayer’s money in the national purse.
• Lawyer at the centre of the alleged $5 million bribery scandal against the Chief Justice has been slapped with 9 charges
• The charges came after the GLC conducted an inquiry into the case after a traditional ruler dragged him before the Council
• The private legal practitioner is expected to respond to the 9 charges against him by the GLC
General Legal Council (GLC) has charged lawyer Kwasi Afrifa with 9 counts of misconduct under the Legal Profession Act, 1960
President of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Court of Justice, Mr Edward Amoako Asante, has asked the government of Ghana and all Ghanaians to contribute to building the local economy in order to minimize the reliance on aids for survival.