Tax experts have expressed concerns over Value Added Tax (VAT) revenue underperformance, saying government is not reaping the needed and expected benefits due to some challenges associated with the tax regime.
Accra Hearts of Oak have written to the Ghana Football Association, asking them to reschedule their week 30 league clash with Legon Cities on Thursday because it will disadvantage the team and favour Kotoko ahead of the Super Clash next Sunday.
The minority in parliament has accused Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, of adopting delay tactics by requesting more time to provide answers on the cost for President Akufo-Addo’s recent trips on a private jet.
The Member of Parliament (MP) for Bawku Central, Mahama Ayariga is pushing for a new policy guideline to help lawmakers in dealing with public servants on matters that constitute conflict of interest saying the current legislation is murky, difficult to interpret.
• The Speaker of Parliament hosted executives of the Pan African Writers Association Thursday
• During the meeting, he charged them to champion a unique identity for the people of Africa
• The group was there to make an intervention for action to be expedited on the relevant provisions of the agreement between the Government of Ghana and their Association
The Speaker of Parliament, Rt.
• Joyce Afua Amankwa died from a gunshot during the Monday bullion vast at Jamestown• She and a police officer, Constable Emmanuel Osei died during the attack• Joyce Amankwa left behind three kids, the oldest being eleven years and the youngest being six years
When armed gunmen attacked a bullion van at Jamestown, a suburb of Accra on Monday, June 14, 2021, resulting in the death of two people; General Constable Emmanuel Osei
• The IGP has directed all banks to get armored bullion vans by the end of June• He says any bank who fails to adhere to the directive will not have police escort• Captain Smart has questioned why the IGP is acting now
Broadcast journalist Godsbrain Captain Smart has questioned the commitment of Inspector General of Police, James Oppong-Boanuh to protecting the lives of police officers in the country.
A piece of Biblical advice has been given to President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo over his decision to charter a £15, 000 per hour luxurious presidential jet as it was necessary and that he broke no law in Ghana.
• Professor Gyampo says the comment by James Oppong-Boanuh is regrettable• He thinks the comment will affect morale among police officers• He however does not think it will affect the government
Professor Ransford Gyampo, a political science lecturer at the University of Ghana has suggested that the Inspector General of Police, James Oppong-Boanuh, has admitted incompetence with his comment on the state of the country’s security.