Ghana Football Association President Kurt Okraku says significant progress has been made over the past six years despite inheriting the sport during one of its most challenging periods.Ghana football was thrown into turmoil in 2018 following a major corruption scandal that rocked the administration of the game and led to the resignation of long-serving GFA President Kwesi Nyantakyi.The crisis brought domestic football to a standstill and resulted in FIFA, together with the Government
Ghana Football Association President Kurt Okraku says 2025 marked a turning point for Ghana football after what he described as a difficult 2024, noting that lessons learned helped the game recover and progress across several fronts.The year 2024 proved challenging for the national game, as Ghana suffered a first-round exit at the Africa Cup of Nations and later failed to qualify for the tournament, missing out for the first time in 20 years.â??I think if I go back, 2024 is a
The Ghana Football Association has confirmed that the Black Stars will play Mexico in an international friendly as part of preparations for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.The fixture becomes the third confirmed warm-up match for Otto Addoâ??s side ahead of the tournament in June. Ghana had already scheduled friendlies against Austria and Germany in March, with the Mexico clash adding another important test as the team fine-tunes its readiness for the global showpiece in North America.Mexico,
Ghanaian football legend Reverend Osei Kofi has pushed back against criticism surrounding his assertion that the Black Stars faced Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid in 1962.The Africa Cup of Nations winner revealed that some younger fans have questioned and even mocked his account due to the absence of widespread documentation of the historic encounter.In a viral video, Osei Kofi insisted the match, which ended 3-3 in Ghana, remains a defining moment of his career.â??In 1962 we
Hearts of Oak players dominate the 2025/26 Ghana Premier League Team of the Week (ToTW) for Week 22 after the Super Clash victory over Asante Kotoko on Sunday.The Phobians are strongly represented across the selection, with goalkeeper Benjamin Asare earning the captainâ??s armband after an assured display between the posts when the Phobians dispatched the Porcupine Warriors in Kumasi.He is joined by teammates Abdul Karim and Baba Adamu, reflecting Hearts of Oakâ??s solidity
German forward of Ghanaian descent, Ansgar Knauff, has been ruled out of Eintracht Frankfurtâ??s Bundesliga clash against Bayern Munich next weekend due to injury. The attacker on Monday underwent abdominal surgery and is expected to spend some time on the sidelines.Frankfurt on Tuesday confirmed that the surgery was successful and wished the player a speedy recovery.However, the club could not indicate when Ansgar Knauff will return to action.â??On Monday, Ansgar Knauff had
Ghana Premier League icon Charles Taylor believes Hearts of Oak coach Didi Dramani has the pedigree to follow in the footsteps of legendary manager Jones Attuquayefio after Sundayâ??s famous derby triumph.Dramani guided a 10-man Hearts side to a 1-0 victory over Asante Kotoko at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium on February 15, 2026, ending a five-year wait for a league win in Kumasi.Despite playing much of the contest with a numerical disadvantage, the Phobians displayed discipline
The Ministry of Youth and Sports has expressed confidence that the Black Princesses can make history at the next FIFA U-20 Womenâ??s World Cup by advancing past the group stage for the first time. The team has never progressed beyond the group in their previous eight appearances.Senior Technical Advisor to the Minister, Betty Krosbi Mensah, highlighted the strides made by the squad following their 3â??2 aggregate win over South Africa in the third round of qualifiers.The victory
Hearts of Oak coach Mas-Ud Didi Dramani says carefully managing goalkeeper Benjamin Asareâ??s workload is crucial to maintaining his peak performance.The 33-year-old was named Man of the Match in Sundayâ??s 1-0 Super Clash win over Asante Kotoko, a result that ended Kotokoâ??s 21-match unbeaten home run in the Ghana Premier League.Baba Adamuâ??s 13th-minute header proved decisive, and Hearts held on despite being reduced to 10 men for 65 minutes following Emmanuel Amankwahâ??s
Asante Kotoko legend Samuel Opoku Nti has described Abdul Kari Zitoâ??s exit from the Porcupine Warriors as premature, stressing it would have been prudent for the experienced tactician to see out the Super Clash against Hearts of Oak before departing the club.Zito stepped down as Kotoko coach days before the Ghana Premier League showdown against sworn-rivals, with assistant trainer Prince Yaw Owusu taking temporal charges of the team.The match, held at the Baba Yara Stadium
Hearts of Oak defender Kelvin Osei Asibey has said that he is ever ready to honour Black Stars invitation as the team gears up for the 2026 World cup tournament in the United States, Canada and Mexico.The former Eleven Wonders centre-back has been outstanding for the Phobians this season, making several appearances in the ongoing Ghana Premier League campaign.As part of the ongoing mission to identify quality players to beef up the national team for the World Cup, the Black Stars
Athletic Bilbao forward Nico Williams has been forced to step away from the pitch due to a persistent pubalgia, with no return date currently set.The 23-year-old was left out of Sundayâ??s squad for the 2-1 win over Real Oviedo as he began treatment for the injury, which was first diagnosed last season.Williamsâ?? absence marks a setback after a period in which he appeared to be regaining form.â??He was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and now it seems
The leadership of the Sports Writers Association of Ghana (SWAG) has paid a high-powered courtesy call on the Minister for Sports and Recreation (MoSR), Mr Kofi Iddie Adams, to deepen strategic collaboration and rally stronger institutional support for the growth of the sector.The delegation, led by Mr Kwabena Yeboah, President of SWAG, marked a first official engagement between the Association and the Minister since his assumption of office.Mr Yeboah, in his address, commended
Ghana Football Association President Kurt Okraku has responded to growing public calls for the disclosure of the Black Stars budget, insisting he has no objection to transparency but questioning why football is being singled out.The debate has gained momentum because the senior national team is supported by government funding. Since taking office, Minister of Sports and Recreation Kofi Adams has made it a practice to publicly outline the teamâ??s budgets ahead of matches, a move
FC Winterthur has signed Ghanaian midfielder Emmanuel Essiam on loan from FC Basel until the summer of 2027.FC Winterthur signed Essiam as a dynamic option to strengthen their central midfield over the long term.The 22-year-old Ghana U-23 international already knows Swiss football well, having arrived from the Ghana Premier League to Basel in early 2022. Since then, he has made over 40 appearances in the Super League, Challenge League and Swiss Cup for Basel, Stade-Lausanne-Ouchy,
Ghana Football Association President Kurt Okraku has called for continued backing of Black Stars head coach Otto Addo, praising his achievement of guiding the national team to consecutive FIFA World Cup qualifications.Addo is currently in his second stint as head coach, having returned to lead the team through another qualification campaign. The former Ghana international previously guided the Black Stars to the 2022 FIFA World Cup and has since overseen the teamâ??s successful
Ghana Football Association President Kurt Okraku has called for continued backing of Black Stars head coach Otto Addo, praising his achievement of guiding the national team to consecutive FIFA World Cup qualifications.Addo is currently in his second stint as head coach, having returned to lead the team through another qualification campaign. The former Ghana international previously guided the Black Stars to the 2022 FIFA World Cup and has since overseen the teamâ??s successful
The CAF Licence A Coaching Course will begin at the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence on Tuesday, 17 February, with Ghana Football Association President Kurt Okraku scheduled to address participants on Thursday, 19 February 2026.The intensive 10-day programme will bring together elite coaches from across the continent, all aiming to obtain one of CAFâ??s highest coaching qualifications. The Licence A is regarded as a key requirement for coaches seeking to work at the top-flight
The CAF Confederation Cup quarter-final draw has set up a series of high-stakes regional rivalries following the ceremony held on Tuesday at the Egyptian Football Association headquarters in Cairo.The standout tie is an all-Moroccan clash between Olympic Safi and Wydad AC. Safi reached the quarter-finals for the first time in their history after finishing second in Group A, but face a stern test against a Wydad side that topped Group B with authority.The Botola Pro derby guarantees
Ghana Football Association (GFA) President Kurt Okraku says the association remains in close contact with Thomas Partey and continues to support the midfielder during his ongoing legal situation.Partey has been charged with additional counts of rape, bringing the total allegations to offences involving four women. He has denied all the charges through his lawyer and is due to appear at Westminster Magistratesâ?? Court on 13 March, with trial scheduled for 2 November."Thomas
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube
LinkedIn
RSS