As part of efforts aimed at entrenching the Europe – Africa Youth participation within a decentralized framework, the European Union is scheduled to meet Young Entrepreneurs in Kumasi, Ashanti region on June 20, 2018.
The forum is expected to among other things showcase success stories of young Ghanaian entrepreneurs whose contributions to socio-economic development on the continent have gained international recognition.
The forum is also expected to provide a platform through which the European Union exposes young entrepreneurs to financial and technical support avenues they can explore to enhance their employability and successfully run sustainable businesses.
The event which is to come off at the “No Business As Usual” Hub in the AsokoreMampong Municipality of the Ashanti region comes on the back of the October 2017 Abidjan declaration adopted at the 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit.
The conference which was attended by a hundred and twenty (120) representatives from member countries drew up comprehensive policies on youth development and participation in sectors including Education and Skills; Business, Job Creation and Entrepreneurship; Governance, Activism, Political and Democratic Inclusion; Peace and Security, including Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalisation; Environmental Preservation and Climate Change; Culture and Arts.
The declaration strongly urged AU and EU Member States to “work closely with economic actors and other relevant stakeholders to create a conducive business environment that boosts investment and makes it easier for young people to establish and operate enterprises within and across both continents; to facilitate programmes that enhance sustainable access to finance, ensuring that young people from all backgrounds are enabled to access enterprise funding.
The June 20, 2018 forum will throw special highlight on the following organisations:-
- AgricConnect a wholly owned Ghanaian Organisation in the Agribusiness industry begun by two young Ghanaian social entrepreneurs NasifDauda and ShaibuFuseini to support farmers with sustainable, climate friendly extension services and connect them to ready market for their produce.Since its inception, AgricConnect has made significant strides reducing post-harvest losses, introduced farmers to sustainable and climate smart agronomic practices on their farms essentially increasing the earnings of some 50 beneficiary farmers.
- EMB Ahenfie Project,founded by Naomi B. Kokuro to find decent sources of income for female head porters referred to in the local parlance as Kayayes. The project seeks to empower and rebrand these kayayes living in Kumasi to become professional grocery shoppers for their clients. The project is training and assisting female porters to be professional and embark on grocery shopping services. A mobile app called KayaApphas been developed to link the project to clients and the porters through their phones.
- Alchemy Alternative Energy (AAE). AAE is co-foundered by Seth Quansah who has over 10 years of business leadership, strategy, and management experience. Prior to AAE, Seth co-founded and led several companies and organizations in the United States and Ghana including RAD-AID International (global radiology program), Zuri-neo LLC (diversified socially-oriented businesses), and Coderina (robotic engineering organization). His sectors of experience spans across social entrepreneurship, medicine, and health technologies. His vision is to address and meet the energy demands in the sub-Sahara African region through his work. He is based in Prampram, Accra.
- DD Mushrooms, founded by Victor Tease, a young mushroom farmer based in the Adentan Municipality of the Greater Accra Region. He won the award for the young farmer in the municipality for 2017 and was awarded during the Farmer’s Day Celebration on 1stDecember 2017.
- DAS Biogas Construction & Water Harvesting Ltd which is led by Enoch Kofi Boadu. As the lead founder, Enoch is a Mechanical Engineer and Biogas expert with high interest in waste management innovations. He has ten (10) years of experience in the biogas sector with proven track record of innovations. His passion and determination to bring innovation into the current waste management system is the bedrock of the business. He is based in Kumasi.
The post EU connects with Ghanaian entrepreneurs for business support on June 20 appeared first on Ultimate FM.Read Full Story