The Ghana Navy has disclosed that it has successfully warded off pirates onboard two-speed boats who suspiciously approached a tuna vessel by the name AFKO 805 operating 105 nautical miles south of Aflao.
• The Agyapa Royalty deal will be back in Parliament
• The deal which earlier withdrawn after it was passed in Parliament over a number of concerns raised
• But Ken Ofori-Atta said the A-G and other stakeholders reviewed the deal thoroughly
The Nana Akufo-Addo-led government has revealed its intentions to once again submit to Parliament a restructured agreement with regards to the Agyapa Royalties transaction.
• The upcoming 2022 budget will entail details of the Cybersecurity Fund
• The fund will provide resources for the strengthening of Ghana’s cybersecurity space
• Ghana is seeking to combat the increasing rate of cybercrime
Minister of Communications and Digitalisation, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, has disclosed the establishment of a Cybersecurity Fund which will be contained in the government’s upcoming 2022 budget statement.
• The NDC in Parliament is pushing for a review of the 1992 Constitution
• Haruna Iddrisu said, his side will capitalise on the equal numbers in Parliament
• The last review of the 1992 Constitution was done in 2010
The NDC Minority in Parliament has put together a motion demanding an immediate review of the 1992 Constitution.
The Women’s Ministry of the Church of Pentecost, James McKeown Worship Centre (JMWC), Korle-Gonno under the Dansoman Area, in collaboration with the Pentecost Social Services (PENTSOS) and Schools Outreach Ministry (SOM) of the district, have organized a sensitization workshop on “Menstruation and Menstrual Hygiene and its Impact on Girl Child Empowerment” for the students of the St.
• Joe Ghartey has been tipped as one of the people to contest the NPP presidential flagbearer position
• His intentions will be announced when the party opens nomination for the flagbearer position
• Joe Ghartey is a Member of Parliament for Essikado-Ketan
Member of Parliament for Essikado-Ketan, Joe Ghartey, has disclosed that to avoid sanction from the New Patriotic Party (NPP), he does not intend to announce his presidential ambition for now.
• Johnson Asiedu Nketia has called on chiefs to desist from partisan politics
• He believes that this will go a long way to ensure stability in the country
• He adds that the chiefs should continue to pray by pouring libation
General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Johnson Asiedu Nketia, has called on chiefs to avoid participating in partisan politics as it can bring instability.
• The WRC Board has been inaugurated
• They have been charged to guide the development of LI's for pollution control
• Special priority is also to be given to buffer zones
Minister for Sanitation and Water Resources, Cecilia Abena Daapah has charged the Board of WRC to effectively guide the development of Legislative Instruments on Buffer Zones and Pollution Control.
• Oil prices have fallen on Wednesday
• This is due to supply chain destructions and inflation risks as a result of COVID-19
• The pandemic has adversely shattered international and domestic markets
Oil prices on the global market fell on Wednesday, October 13, 2021, Reuters has reported.
The reconstituted governing boards of the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund (GIIF) and the Minerals Income and Investment Fund (MIIF) have been charged to unlock private sector capital and harness revenues from the country’s mineral resources to generate better returns for the country.
• Jean Mensa has said the 2020 presidential and parliamentary election is a historic one
• She says the election was transparent, peaceful and credible
• She adds, it’s a prove that Ghana can indeed be an inspiration
Chairperson of the Electoral Commission Ghana (EC), Jean Mensa, has described the 2020 election as a historic one for its transparency and peaceful conduct.
• Fuel prices are expected to increase by at least 7%
• The adjustment is expected to take place in the next pricing window
• The increase will take place from October 16, 2021
Prices of petroleum products are expected to witness an upward adjustment by at least 7 percent at the various pumps from October 16, 2021, Joy Business has reported.