The government of Ghana, through the Ghana Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (GHEITI) and its partners, has launched Ghana’s Opening Extractive Programme (OEP) to, among other things, advance the beneficial ownership transparency programme in the country.
• The Accra Mayor has reacted to recent protests made in his name
• A youth group in Odododiodio said they are unhappy about his imminent replacement as Mayor
• Elizabeth Sackey is tipped to be named the next Mayor of Accra
Mayor of Accra, Mohammed Adjei Sowah has denounced protests staged in his name by a group calling itself, the Concerned Youth of Odododiodio.
Joe Ghartey, New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament for Esikado Ketan, has called on members of the party to work harder to enable the party to win a third term to break the eight-year cycle to make history.
• A youth group in Odododiodio are unhappy
• They have been protesting against the imminent replacement of Accra Mayor, Mohammed Adjei Sowah
• The group say they will no longer support the NPP if Adjei Sowah is replaced
A group calling itself the Concerned Youth of Odododiodio are protesting against the alleged removal of Accra Mayor, Mohammed Adjei Sowah.
• Dr Kwame Nkrumah recognized birth date is September 21, 1909
• Ghana’s first president said it’s possible he was born on September 18, 1909
• It is also possible that he was born in 1912
For years, Ghana has marked September 21 as the birthday of its first president, Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah.
The Northern Development Authority (NDA) in its efforts to improve upon the agricultural gains in Northern Ghana is exploring investment opportunities with South African-based Agribusinesses in the Savannah ecological zone.
The recall of COA FS from the market brought about a huge loss to COA Research and Manufacturing Company Limited, as the move resulted in the halt in production and the laying off of some staff, costing it more than ¢10million.
A leading member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Gabby Otchere Darko has said the list of Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) will be released tomorrow Sunday, September 19.
• Minister of Local Government, Dan Botwe has received the final list of nominated MMDCEs
• The MMDCEs are appointed by the president and approved by the assembly
• The MMDCEs will provide political and administrative leadership in the next three-and-a-half years
After months of waiting and delay in nominating Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executive (MMDCEs), government is expected to announce the finalized list of nominated individuals on Sunday, September