• The 15-year-old student behind the fires at the Accra Academy has confessed
• He gave his reasons as not liking the school
• He added that his parents forced him into the school
A 15-year-old student behind recent fires at Accra Academy Senior High School has revealed that his actions were fueled by his anger at his parents.
The only woman out of 10 accused persons standing trial for allegedly plotting a coup, Warrant Officer (WO II) Esther Saan Dekuwine, has been accused by the military of attempting to escape from lawful custody.
• The First and Second Ladies have rejected a move to formally pay them salaries
• The duo have cited public outcry over the issue as one of the major reasons for their position
• Government has been sued over the issue
First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo and Second Lady Samira Bawumia have rejected a move to formally pay them salaries as per a recommendations of a presidential committee in emoluments.
The General Secretary of the Ghana Federation of Labour, Mr Abraham Koomson has labelled as “criminal” and nonsensical the decision to pay the wives of President Nana Addo dankwa Akufo-Addo and Vice-president Mahamudu Bawumia.
The wife of the late social media activist Ibrahim Anyass Mohammed, whose death sparked the deadly unrest in Ejura on Tuesday, June 29, on Monday, July 12 questioned the mandate of the three-member ministerial committee over who is probing the death of her husband.
Linguist for the Diabene, Okyeame Kwame, also known as Dodoonara, has explained how he was duped as he was asked to pay GH¢100 via Mobile Money to the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) Pay Point before a meter he applied can be fixed for him.
Former Director of Communication at the Presidency under the erstwhile late President John Evans Atta Mills government, Samuel Koku Anyidoho says first and second ladies play significant roles in their husbands' administration.
• The Jomoro MP has said her constituents are having broken marriages because of the closure of land borders • She said others have also committed suicide • She's therefore calling on President Akufo-Addo to order the reopening of borders
Since the closure of land borders in March 2020 due to the outbreak of the global pandemic; coronavirus, several trading activities were halted.
Kpembe Wura, Babanye Ndefosu II, has thanked the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, for the massive levels of development they have witnessed in Kpembe, in the Salaga South constituency of the Savannah Region, since 2017.
• Felix Kwakye Ofosu has taken a swipe at some mainstream media who have gone silent on Chief Justice Kwasi Anin-Yeboah's bribery case • He said these media houses are to be watchdogs and not guard dogs • Meanwhile, Chief Justice Kwasi Anin-Yeboah has refuted the allegations levelled against him
Former Deputy Communications Minister under the erstwhile Mahama administration, Felix Kwakye Ofosu, has raised eyebrows at some