• Ranking member of Parliament’s Defence Committee has stated that robbery attack which happened in Jamestown could have been avoided if the police are properly equipped
• James Agalga said the president must act immediately or risk recording more such cases again
• He said the IGP must work closely with Bank of Ghana to come up with pragmatic measures to guard vehicles carting currencies
The ranking member of Parliament’s Defence Committee, James Agalga, has
• A Ranking member of defence committee in parliament has said the rampant cases of robbery in the country doesn’t augur well with the development of the country and a smart policing approach must be adopted
• He said the country cannot be successful in policing without intelligence and the creation of the police intelligence directorate to serve as an anchor to police operations
• He urged that government take a smarter approach in policing in order to prevent an anarchy in
Minister for Railways Development John Peter Amewu has observed that the Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo-led government’s unprecedented investment in the rail sector over the last four years is premised on its appreciation that the sector has the potential to contribute significantly to the development of the country.
• Security Analyst Adam Bonaa has called on the IGP James Oppong-Boanuh to retire
• He believes a more enthusiastic IGP is needed in the country
• Mr Bonaa also urged the Ghana Police Service to utilise CCTV cameras mounted on the streets to fish out criminals
Security Analyst, Adam Bonaa has said Inspector-General of Police (IGP) James Oppong-Boanuh must proceed on retirement.
• Former FPU Commander says Banks bullion vans do not meet security requirements
• He also called out the police for assigning just one officer to escort the bullion van
• Armed robbers shot to death, a police officer during a robbery incident involving a bullion van at James Town yesterday
A former Commander of the Formed Police Units, (FPU), Naa Hamza Yakubu has equated the bullion vans used by banks to bread delivery cars.
Member of Parliament for Jaman North, Frederick Yaw Ahenkwah, is blaming President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for the series of recent crimes that have characterised the nation since his assumption of power.
The Inspector-General of Police, James Oppong-Boanuh, has paid a visit to the family of Constable Emmanuel Osei of the National SWAT, who was murdered in cold blood by armed robbers who attacked a bullion van at James Town, Accra on Monday 14th June 2021.
Students in Technical Universities across the nation have joined their striking teachers who are demanding upgraded conditions of service to befit their status after transitioning from Polytechnic to Technical University lecturers.