A flagbearer hopeful of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Mr. Alan Kyerematen, has urged the delegates of the party to come out of their regional annual delegates conferences which start today, Friday, October 1, 2021, “re-energized” and “united” in the party’s bid to “break” the eight-year power swing jinx.
The party will, from today, Friday, 1 October 2021, to Friday, 22nd October 2021, hold Regional Annual Delegates Conferences across all the 16 regions of the country in accordance with Article 9 of the party’s constitution.
The Regional conferences shall be held in conformity with the following Schedules (Dates, Venues and Zonal Arrangements), as approved by the National Executive Committee of the Party:
1) Savanna Region – Friday, October 1, 2021, at Daboya
2) Upper West – Saturday, October 2, 2021, at Wa
3) Upper East – Sunday, October 3, 2021, at Bolgatanga
4) North East – Monday, October 4, 2021, at Nalerigu
5) Northern Region – Monday, October 4 and Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at Yendi & Tolon, respectively.
6) Bono East – Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at Atebubu
7) Ahafo Region – Thursday, October 7, 2021, at Goaso
8) Bono Region – Friday, October 8, 2021, at Sunyani
9) Ashanti Region – Saturday, October 9 and Sunday, October 10, 2021, at Obuasi West/ Bekwai, Abuakwa, Ejisu, Kodie
10) Western North – Monday, October 11, 2021, at Sefwi Wiawso
11) Western Region – Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at Takoradi and Tarkwa
12) Greater Accra – Thursday, October 14 and Friday, October 15, 2021, at Tema and Accra
13) Eastern Region – Saturday, October 16, 2021, and Sunday, October 17, 2021, at Nkawkaw, and Koforidua
14) Oti Region – Monday, October 18, 2021, at Dambai
15) Volta Region – Tuesday, October 19 and Wednesday, October 20, 2021, at Ho and Sogakope
16) Central Region – Friday, October 22, 2021, and Saturday, October 23, at Cape Coast and Kasoa
In a statement signed by General Secretary, John Boadu, the party said it wishes to emphasize that just like the constituency conferences, the Regional Annual Delegates Conferences shall also be held in strict observance of all the COVID-19 protocols.
The Minister of Trade and Industry, Alan Kyeremanten said: “Today marks another important day in the annals of our party, the NPP, as we meet once again at our annual regional delegates conference to take stock of the past year and plan for the future”.
This year, he noted, “because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are meeting at different venues at different times to safeguard our health”.
“I urge you all to observe the protocols of masking up, sanitizing and washing of hands and social-distancing”.
He added: “No matter where we find ourselves, l urge members to hold paramount the unity and well-being of the party in their deliberations”.
“Our continued relevance in the affairs of the state depends on the cohesiveness of our party as a people of independent thought and free will”, Mr. Kyerematen said.
“I pray that we come out of our conferences re-energized and united in our bid to ‘break the 8’ and keep Ghana on the path of ‘Development in Freedom’, in adherence to the motto of our great party”.Read Full Story